We have launched a Kickstarter campaign for a 3.5" TFT (480x320) with touch control, we have given it the name of PiScreen.
PiScreen includes a 3.5" TFT with touchscreen control, PCB and components needed to add this display to a Raspberry Pi.
PiScreen connects right on top of the Raspberry Pi GPIO pins
PiScreen can now be purchased directory from ozzmaker.com
PiScreen is compatible with all models of Raspberry Pi, including Pi 2.
The TFT used is the best quality we have seen so far.
Touch Screen Resistive
Display construction 480 * 320 DOTS
LCD Controller ILI9481
Touch Screen ControllerXPT2046
Display Color Multicolor, 65536 colors
Head on over and check it out.https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2135028730/piscreen-a-35-tft-with-touchscreen-for-the-raspber
I have spend the last month creating a new version of PiBBOT (Pi Balancing roBOT) , PiBBOT V2.
This version has a sturdier frame and a LCD display. I replaced the 1.8" TFT with a LCD as the TFT was causing delays in the main loop timing. I also added a very slim battery for the Raspberry Pi.
- RGB backlight LCD 20x4 which shows gyro, accelerometer and complimentary filter angle.
- Volt Meter to view condition of battery used for motors.
- RF Receiver RF M4 Receiver - 315MHz. Used to tune PID and then control direction.
- 1x4 Keypad to turn motors on/off and to reset the gyro.
- Motors; 9.7:1 Metal Gearmotor 25Dx48L mm with 48 CPR Encoder
- Wheels; Pololu Wheel 90x10mm
- IMU; BerryIMU – An accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer and barometric/altitude sensor
- Battery for Motors - 7.2V Tenergy 3800mAh Flat NiMH High Power (38A Drain Rate)
- Battery for Rasperry Pi - Anker Astro Slim2 4500mAh Ultra-Slim Portable External Battery Charger Power Bank
Continue reading PiBBOT V2 - Balancing Robot using a Raspberry Pi