Quick switch between HDMI and PiScreen

Forums Technical Support for PiScreen Quick switch between HDMI and PiScreen

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  RLBruderick 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

My LCD is working. It’s awesome for the special interface I need. But I’d like to switch back and forth between a big HDMI screen and the little LCD.
    Is the quickest way to do that with 2 separate MicroSD cards?
    Or can I just comment/uncomment a couple of lines used to setup the LCD?

To be very specific, I want to use the Arduino program to send sketches to the Arduino UNO connected to the USB. But the LCD shows a completely white screen when I launch Arduino. Sure, I can run load or write a sketch, upload it to the UNO, and control the UNO with Python when connected to HDMI, but to reboot for the LCD, I’ll lose my serial connection. Anyone experience this?

Mark Williams

I did a test and I got the same results. It is a problem with Java.
    I assume you are using Ardiuno from the apt-get repo. I was… this is an old version.
    I was able to download 1.6 and it worked on PiScreen

try this;
    -remove arduino
    sudo apt-get remove arduino

download Arduino for ARM from arduino.cc, the version i downloaded was arduino-1.6.11-linuxarm.tar.xz
    tar xvf arduino-1.6.11-linuxarm.tar.xz
    -go into the new directory and run install.sh
    sudo ./install.sh

-now try and run Arduino on PiScreen… it should open, but the window is too big.

-Edit Arduino preferences
    nano ~/.arduino15/preferences.txt

play around with the values below to change the window size;

Mark --OzzMaker.com --

Mark, thank you! I struggled a bit, but in the end it’s all working, thanks to your encouragement!
    I like the little LCD touchscreen on my RPi3. My Arduino sketches are easy to see, and they work great.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Blip, blop, bloop…