I have spend the last month creating a new version of PiBBOT (Pi Balancing roBOT) , PiBBOT V2.
This version has a sturdier frame and a LCD display. I replaced the 1.8″ TFT with a LCD as the TFT was causing delays in the main loop timing. I also added a very slim battery for the Raspberry Pi.
- RGB backlight LCD 20×4 which shows gyro, accelerometer and complimentary filter angle.
- Volt Meter to view condition of battery used for motors.
- RF Receiver RF M4 Receiver – 315MHz. Used to tune PID and then control direction.
- 1×4 Keypad to turn motors on/off and to reset the gyro.
- Motors; 9.7:1 Metal Gearmotor 25Dx48L mm with 48 CPR Encoder
- Wheels; Pololu Wheel 90x10mm
- IMU; BerryIMU – An accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer and barometric/altitude sensor
- Battery for Motors – 7.2V Tenergy 3800mAh Flat NiMH High Power (38A Drain Rate)
- Battery for Rasperry Pi – Anker Astro Slim2 4500mAh Ultra-Slim Portable External Battery Charger Power Bank
The code for this project can be found here;