Thank you for your response, I will look at adding the line to config.txt, although the board has behave faultlessly today...
I have actually being running the PI/BerryGPS-GSM off a FTDI/USB lead and powering the combination through the 5volt header - not USB, although I did try powering the combination of a decent power supply when the Leds went out without success.
There is nothing else on the USB Bus, although there is a Franklin lighting detector on the IC2 bus, powered of the 3 volt line, as above I am using the serial console for debugging.
The Leds only went off yesterday when I sent the AT commands to start assisted GPS and route strings through USB.
Although I have not seen the problem today, the last 20 lines of a dmesg are:
[ 65.368047] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 5 using dwc_otg
[ 65.368487] Indeed it is in host mode hprt0 = 00001101
[ 65.658997] usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor=8087, idProduct=07ed, bcdDevice= 1.00
[ 65.659018] usb 1-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=0, SerialNumber=0
[ 66.308298] usb 1-1: USB disconnect, device number 5
[ 70.958114] Indeed it is in host mode hprt0 = 00021501
[ 71.167979] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 6 using dwc_otg
[ 71.169959] Indeed it is in host mode hprt0 = 00001101
[ 71.423076] usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor=1546, idProduct=1102, bcdDevice=17.30
[ 71.423097] usb 1-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[ 71.423106] usb 1-1: Product: u-blox Wireless Module
[ 71.423114] usb 1-1: Manufacturer: u-blox
[ 71.423121] usb 1-1: SerialNumber: ************
[ 71.472485] cdc_acm 1-1:1.0: ttyACM0: USB ACM device
[ 71.500036] cdc_acm 1-1:1.2: ttyACM2: USB ACM device
[ 71.523183] cdc_acm 1-1:1.4: ttyACM3: USB ACM device
[ 71.553459] cdc_acm 1-1:1.6: ttyACM4: USB ACM device
[ 71.579135] cdc_acm 1-1:1.8: ttyACM5: USB ACM device
[ 71.606231] cdc_acm 1-1:1.10: ttyACM6: USB ACM device
[ 71.632810] cdc_acm 1-1:1.12: ttyACM7: USB ACM device
One thing I have noticed today is that "hologram modem location/operator" commands are returning coordinates for a different location and operator to what I was seeing before - Is it possible that I was connecting to different mast (due to maintenance) it tipped me over the power budget available from the PI/Serial combination - or is that a red herring!
- This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by petec.