that the X and Y axis of both touchscreen and display are in the same direction.
after you delete the calibration data file, on the next reboot, confirm that the calibration program ran just before X loaded.
Mark --OzzMaker.com --
I did try doing just that and it still had issues...not sure if it was going in a different direction anymore but I would have to touch on the very bottom left of the touchscreen in order to see the cursor in the upper right. I didn't see anything when I touched anywhere else on the screen. So it seemed like the two were out of alignment rather than flipped. Calibration didn't seem to fix this.
BTW, I went back to the v1.8 you posted in order to move along on my little project to see if I could live with this version. What makes me nervous is I may have issues if I ever need to update.