Home › Forums › Forums › Technical Support for BerryGPS and BerryGPS-IMU › BerryGPS-IMU-4 fix problem and minicom output
- This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 months ago by Krzysztof Pulkiewicz.
- May 16, 2022 at 5:58 pm #17278Krzysztof PulkiewiczParticipant
I am trying to solve a problem with GPS fix on BerryGPS-IMU-4 .
Sometimes I get a fix but in general, GPS stays in FIX 1 mode with no satellites being visible. I tried to follow GPS restart procedure (using echo -e -n "\xb5\x62\x06\x04\x04\x00\xff\xff\x02\x00\x0e\x61" > /dev/serial0).
I have a strange (before and after reset) minicom output (screenshot attached)- lot a strange lines and characters.
Is this normal? Can it be serial port connection problem?
Attachments:May 16, 2022 at 6:46 pm #17280richardpParticipant
Is the BerryGPS-IMU outside and have clear access to sky? If it is inside near a window it will not work.
The screenshot you attached is a bit small, I cant see exactly what is happening. Have you disabled the Pi Console on your Pi?May 23, 2022 at 7:50 pm #17286Krzysztof PulkiewiczParticipant
HI, I was able to solve the problem. It was related to wrong connection between Berry and external antena. I am able to get a fix but it takes a long time still. therefore I have few additional questions:
- is it possible to check/monitor to current status/progress of downloading almanach? Can we check what is the size of the almanach file and how much of it was already download from satellites?
- is it possible to use "assisted GPS fix" without GSM module on-board. Can I download the UBX file from the server (with raspberry) and send it from raspberry to GPS module over serial?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.