BerryIMU v4 on Raspberry Pi 5 ?

Home Forums Forums Technical Support for BerryIMU BerryIMU v4 on Raspberry Pi 5 ?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    martinsenior
    Participant

Has anyone tried to use the BerryIMU on Raspberry Pi 5?.  My unit worked on a RPi 4b, but won’t do anything with a new RPi5.

Mark Williams
    Keymaster

Yes, it does work on the Pi5

Do you see anything when you do  “i2cdetect -y 1”

Mark --OzzMaker.com --

martinsenior
    Participant

I get the following error message

$ i2cdetect -y 1
    Error: Could not open file /dev/i2c-1' or/dev/i2c/1′: No such file or directory

This is on a fresh install of 64bit RPi Bookworm. The BerryIMU is attached to the Pi board directly though a header, and this works without issues on a 4b,  If I try to run cat or screen (which seems to  install correctly) i just get no response.

Mark Williams
    Keymaster

That error means that i2c is not enabled on the Pi.  Did you do this? https://ozzmaker.com/i2c/

Mark --OzzMaker.com --

martinsenior
    Participant

I have enabled the i2C following your script, and now get a table output identical to the one in the example. There is still no output from cat or screen, (just a block cursor), although the “fix” led on the BerryIMU is flashing away happily.

martinsenior
    Participant

sorry, I’m getting confused. If I enable the I2C do I also need to close the jumpers J10 and J11 on the back of the board?. If so how did the board work with the Pi4, where it works fine with these open?

Mark Williams
    Keymaster

Are you using a BerryIMU or a BerryGPS-IMU(which includes a GPS)?

If you are using a BerryGPS-IMU, is it sitting on top of the Raspberry Pi?

Mark --OzzMaker.com --

martinsenior
    Participant

Its marked BerryGPS-IMU-4, and it is sitting on the Pi connected via a 10-pin header

martinsenior
    Participant

I’ve been using the “BerryGPS setup guide for Raspberry pi” to try to get the data.

martinsenior
    Participant

I’ve also realised that this should have been posted in the BerryGPS part of the forum, to avoid confusion. Sorry.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Blip, blop, bloop…