IMU not detected w ribbon cable

Home Forums Forums Technical Support for BerryGPS and BerryGPS-IMU IMU not detected w ribbon cable

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kleighchills
    Participant

Currently have a BerryIMU-GPS and RPi4 running on Ubuntu 22.04  I had it up and running using the python gryo-accel scripts provided a couple days ago with the BerryIMU connected directly to the GPIO pins. Today, I tried connecting it via 2×5 pin ribbon cable and now it will only return “no imu detected”. Has anything else ran into this issue and is there a fix?

I confirmed the pins/cables lined up properly and ran an update just in case.

Mark Williams
    Keymaster

Can you show an image of the 2×5 pin ribbon cable?   this way, i can confirm it is corrected correctly

Mark --OzzMaker.com --

kleighchills
    Participant

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jT3fz9utf5nZqXNC7

I was having issues getting them to post here, so here’s a google photos link.

Mark Williams
    Keymaster

Thanks for sharing the pictures

Is it wired correctly?  The PWR LED should be on. To me it looks like it doesn’t even have power. Maybe test using 2 jumper cables and connect 3v and GND, with at least these two connections the LED show turn on

Mark --OzzMaker.com --

kleighchills
    Participant

Sorry, I should have mentioned that the photo was taken with the Pi turned off. The PWR LED does come on and I’ve tested the wire itself with a multimeter. I think there may be an issue with the Pi reading the SD card (no ACT LED on) as it has stopped detecting even when plugged directly into the pins.

Thank you though!

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by kleighchills.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Blip, blop, bloop…